Wednesday, October 17, 2012

CLEAN Outdoor Shower Fresh



To get an idea of what CLEAN Outdoor Shower Fresh smells like, please read my review of CLEAN Shower Fresh. They are similar, except Outdoor Shower Fresh is greener and grassier. I prefer it to Shower Fresh, because I think whatever additional notes are in it to make it green also freshen it up more, making it less flowery and skin cream-like. Some reviewers have smelled apple in this, which I think synchronizes with my picking up a grass note; Donna Karan DKNY Be Delicious is an example of a Green apple fragrance that reminds me of grass perfumes such as GAP or Marc Jacobs Grass. Apple and grass notes are both on the Green part of the olfactory spectrum, as are listed notes in this composition, lily of the valley and violet (leaves) (I suspect so is water lily, which is also aqueous like the apple note, bringing to mind green, fresh and fruity, aqueous scents Escada Lily Chic and yes, even Frédéric Malle Lys Méditerranée). Still, there is that lingering pikake-like jasmine note that gives it a tropical, almost banana-like softness, taking the edge off the astringent qualities of ourdoorsy green notes, providing good balance and a pleasant fragrance overall.