Thursday, June 20, 2013

Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey L'Eau d'été 2013 Summer




When I first saw the Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey L'Eau d'été pour Femme bottle, I thought the hot pink circle with seeds inside represented a sliced watermelon, especially because that's what the scent smelled like to me, as well as being influenced by the color which often represents watermelon flavor, but now that I see the advert, it appears to be passion fruit or guava, notes that appear on the list of fragrance notes. It's a pleasantly clean and floral-fruity scent that's like a cross between Hermés Un Jardin Aprés la Mousson and Geir Ness Laila, equal parts gingery-spicy white musky haute cuisine watermelons and Disney princess-esque mountain wildflower honeydew. (Edited to add: This fragrance isn't obviously white musky at all, as compared to the Hermés.)

I didn't swing over to the Men's section at Sephora to smell the pour Homme, but I believe the fruit depicted on the bottle is a kiwi, which is a key note for the Men's. Both are limited edition for Summer 2013, so grab 'em while they're hot.

Laat edited: 8:31AM