Sunday, November 10, 2013

Katy Perry Killer Queen




From Teenage Dream to Killer Queen, recording artist Katy Perry continues to expand her repertoire of personas as only a superstar of her caliber could. I got a sample of this scent at Sephora where I almost missed it completely as it was obscured under the One Direction display. Had my tween not quietly shrieked at the sight of Our Moment, I would not have seen the heavy glass bottle beneath it, a garnet red juice in a crowned, bejeweled scepter-inspired bottle with a sharper pointed edge than even that of Thierry Mugler Angel or Chopard Wish. For sure the name fits the presentation. I don't think this comes as a rollerball, but I could be wrong.


As for the scent, it's pleasantly sweet and ambery, a dustier version of Rihanna Reb'l Fleur, reminiscent of Juicy Couture Couture Couture, a heavyish orange blossom blend that I like but the kids don't seem to. Also bearing similarities to Givenchy Absolutely Irresistible and Chanel Allure Sensuelle of a few years back, I think Killer Queen is the strongest launch by Katy Perry thus far, but I'm only comparing it to her first one, as I wasn't aware of a second fragrance launch before this one, which is apparently her third.