Monday, December 16, 2013

Paris Hilton by Paris Hilton




I thought I had tried Paris Hilton perfume before and rather liked it, but maybe it was the sheer version, which looks exactly the same except for the word "Sheer" under the name. I don't like the dry down on the sample of this original 2004 release that I'm smelling right now. The original Paris Hilton is reputed to contain pheromones in it. Is that the raunchy stank I'm smelling? It's so smelly, it woke me up in the middle of my sleep; it's permeated my pillowcase and won't leave my skin. Scientists don't believe in extractable human pheromones...and the ads promoting pheromones I know are bs when they urge women in their 40s to use them to reclaim the sexuality they had in their 20s. Women's sexual prime doesn't start till 35. I'm not dissing Paris Hilton's perfume because of some personal vendetta against someone I don't even know. I think any perfumista looking for the skankiest perfume possible should forget about Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan, L'Artisan Parfumeur Jacinthe de Bois, Penhaligon's Bluebell and anything else I've ever thought to be animalic or indolic and just go for the PH. The scent in the bottle is pretty: a tuberose floral, fruity and sweet, like BCBG Max Azria Bon Chic and Gale Hayman Delicious put together. There's apple here, too, like YOSH U4Reahh...nice. The dry down is a pure body odor mess. Did Parlux make it smell this indolic for a reason? Is it just that tuberose notes found in so many perfumes, from Michael Kors Very Hollywood to Carolina Herrera, can actually smell this bad? I should have heeded the B.O. warning when it started smelling like bananas on me, sort of how Child perfume turns on me, except that doesn't turn into saliva and other secretion smells. I don't know whether to call Paris Hilton a failure or an utter work of genius.