Thursday, March 27, 2014

My Spring 2014 Top Fragrance Favorites List



L'Instant de Guerlain for Women Eau de Parfum


After going through two full bottles of L'Instant de Guerlain Eau de Parfum (2003), I'm about to replace it with a third. The luminous lilac-magnolia scented Floral Oriental is sure to have become a permanent perfume in my ever-rotating wardrobe. Although it seems to fit the "radiant orchid" color trend of the time, I always enjoy the modern floral bouquet set upon the most pleasant vanilla amber base, referred to by Guerlain on their web site as "crystalline amber". The simplest way to describe the scent might be to say it smells vanillic, floral, a bit powdery, spicy, green and sweet but transparent, like sun-filled lilac flowers mixed with lemon and honey.




L'Instant de Guerlain 250ml bee bottle


My current favorite fragrance list is brimming with sweet florals and lemon vanilla (Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto, Guerlain Shalimar Eau Legere), lily-lilac-white floral green florals (Creed Fleurissimo, Serge Lutens Un Lys), violets (Elizabeth Arden Red Door, Guerlain Insolence), vanillic ambery musk (Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur) and patchouli (Britney Spears Fantasy, Rihanna Reb'l Fleur (a chypre I love), Vera Wang Rock Princess). I wore a little Thierry Mugler Angel this year; I also have on standby all my past favorites: Creed Spring Flower, Guerlain L'Heure Bleue, Chanel Chance and others. Most of all, L'Instant called out to me this spring.



L'Instant de Guerlain 500ml bee bottle


My Spring 2014 Top 5 Fragrance List:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain
2. Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto
3. Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur
4. Britney Spears Fantasy
5. Guerlain Shalimar Eau Legere