Monday, March 03, 2014

Never Use Nail Polish Remover Again, Thanks to a Common Household Product





I'm wearing Sephora by OPI Meet Me at the Disco, but that's neither here nor there in this post. Read this blog post and you'll never have to use acetone or any chemical nail polish remover again. In fact you might never need any nail polish remover at all, just a simple tool to effectively make use of a non-toxic household product we all already own.

Let me preface this by saying I'm not the one who came up with this idea. I only experimented with the innovative ideas that the individuals in the online nail polish community blogged about, to verify their results. I'm eternally grateful to those bloggers because they've changed my life. Yes, Elmer's Glue® works as a base coat so you can peel off any nail polish you put over it, including the most obstinate one of all, the glitter polish. All I did is buy an empty nail polish bottle, decant some Elmer's Glue into it, brush the glue onto my nails and let it dry, and apply nail polish as usual. My conclusion: Non-glitter polish peels off like a dream; glitter is a little tougher but I managed to peel it off without damaging my natural nail bed. So the best way to wear glitter is over regular non-glitter polish worn over glue so that it peels right off, along with the non-glitter polish. This is AMAZING! Between this neat trick and the natural & non-toxic Priti Soy Nail Polish Remover, I will never, ever have to use acetone or any chemical nail polish remover again!