Sunday, May 04, 2014

L'Artisan Parfumeur D'Humeur Reveuse




When you've been into perfume for as long as I have, sometimes you forget or take for granted the many options you have in your own wardrobe. Take for instance the fabulous L'Artisan Parfumeur Sautes d'Humeur collection; five different moods, yet I've really only properly worn and written about two. Since I'm currently revisiting my neglected loves, I gave D'Humeur Rêveuse (Lazy Mood) another sampling. Where was this when I was going nuts looking for the ultimate clean scent? Soft, clean, with that laundry detergentesque quality yet there's this pleasant gustative quality, too, as incongruent as that is in reality, juxtaposing food aromas with household cleaner smells. Ah, yes, it reminds me of the sweet almond-heliotrope notes in Castelbajac, only it's much lighter and less sweet in D'Humeur Rêveuse. Naturally, it also reminds me of Lea St. Barth, only less heavy in the musk department. It's the kind of scent I can wear when I want the austerity of that starched white shirt but don't want to give up the hedonistic, cuddly vanilla I always feel weak for, even when it comes hand in hand with that ol' fair weather friend, white musk.