Sunday, June 01, 2014

Fragonard Eau Fantasque




Fragonard Eau Fantasque (Whimsical Water): What a pretty, head-turning floral, as refreshingly light and sweet as a spring breeze--why does it have to be discontinued? Thankfully, even a tiny parfum mini should last me awhile, because what I have is pure perfume. The spiky lavender note I always think I smell in Fragonard Eau Fantasque is most likely freesia. This is a note of the Green olfactive variety, a fresh and vibrant note I love both as a single note and in blends, but often find difficult to wear because, like hyacinth and other greens and some highly indolic florals, it tends to turn on my skin. I wished I could wear Diptyque Ofresia and Caswell-Massey Freesia, so I'm thrilled to be able to wear Eau Fantasque. Clean and a touch spicy, breezy, cool, green and aqueous, this is going to be my Spring-into-Summer transitional Floral this year. So sad to say that just when it finally feels like spring here in New York!

The notes according to Libertine Parfumerie:
EAU FANTASQUE

By Fragonard
Eau Fantasque is a fragrance now gentle and tender with jasmine and freesia, now sharp and lively with grapefruit and blackcurrant, all delightfully wrapped in amber mellowness. The keynote here is fantasy.

Notes
Top notes of grapefruit and blackcurrant buds.
Heart notes of hyacinth, freesia and jasmine.
Base notes of amber.

Scent Type Floral