Thursday, October 16, 2014

Bath & Body Works Coconut Lime Breeze




I wanted to try this because I had gotten wind of online reviews that compared it to Creed Virgin Island Water, my fragrance obsession of the moment. I have to say while it is no replacement for the Creed, it hits the spot when I want a coconut scent. Bath & Body Works Coconut Lime Breeze is a light combination of fizzy citric notes and the same coconut note I remember finding in Ralph Hot perfume, then subsequently in lots of fragrances following it. I've described it as a sort of suntan oil-like coconut scent, a note that's not quite sweet but creamy/oily/heavy nonetheless, ubiquitous these days as a compositional base from Versace Crystal Noir to perfumes by Benefit. The coconut note I find in Creed Virgin Island Water is a purer coconut note, devoid of suntan oil references in my mind but tropical and beachy, tastier as a gourmand note and yet crystal light and clear, a bit more along the lines of the one in Parfums de Nicolai Cococabana, only sheerer mixed with musks and lime. I have sampled a number of coconut scents, and I know now how variable this note can be. I like this BBW scent, though, and I have been enjoying alternating between this and the Creed this month.