Friday, October 10, 2014

FCUK Friction for Her




When I saw coconut listed in the notes and read the online reviews claiming it to be a piña colada scent, I jumped on it right away. It's inexpensive and comes in a pretty bottle; I like French Connection's aesthetic; what could go wrong? Well I like this scent, but the blind buy turned out just short of perfection. It's just not as piña colada-like as expected; I don't get any coconut or even pineapple, and instead get a sweet, milky-woody, somewhat vanillic, musky perfume scent. Whoever said it's reminiscent of a Diesel fragrance was right; it also reminds me of one by Jil Sander. I'm still glad I had the chance to try it. It's sort of unusual, not one I would normally come across.

The notes according to Fragrantica are as follows: "The notes: pink honeysuckle, apple blossom, red berries, creamy coconut, spun sugar, vanilla absolute, pink jasmine, white vetiver, blonde woods, sandalwood, amber, magnetic musk. FCUK Friction for Her was launched in 2012."