Friday, October 10, 2014

Pacifica Indian Coconut Nectar


Here's another one that has coconut in its name and smells more like something else. That doesn't mean someone out there won't love it, but for me, it's a waste of time since I specifically wanted coconut and not much else. This scent smells like spicy almond with a backdrop of vanilla frosting. There are many good etailers that offer similar gourmand blends. If I look for an obscure coconut note in this, I can find it, but it's still more coconut pie than coconut milk or the flesh of the coconut. As Jebidiah Atkinson of SNL would put it, "Next!".

Edited to add: OK, maybe my initial reaction was harsh. The dry down is a rich, sweet vanilla, not too different from Lavanila Coconut. I think there's a banana note in this, too, sort of like coconut banana cream pie. It's long-lasting and a good bang for the buck. Will revisit.