Sunday, March 01, 2015

March 2015 Top Fragrance Favorites List


Image: Fragrantica


The last freezing cold day of winter has hopefully passed us by, and I'm excited about spring up ahead. My fragrance of the moment is Demeter Strawberry Ice Cream, a simple and fun strawberry lip gloss-scented gourmand. I love it, but the cologne I have is kind of dark red, and I'm a little afraid to spray it on my white fabrics (yes, I've taken to spritzing sheets, not just freshly showered skin, and in case you were wondering, I still don't spray my clothes). I've seen photos of this scent that appear clear-colored, so maybe I should look into one of those. I'm so into the strawberry note right now, I thought about revisiting Victoria's Secret Strawberries and Champagne, and trying the strawberry body mist by The Body Shop (I'm also intrigued by their new nail polish line, in particular Pink Cream), but the VS isn't milky like the Demeter, and the reviews for the Body Shop mist say it's essentially a grown up strawberry scent--no thanks, there's no fun in that, and I can't help but feel fun is what's missing in perfume launches for the past couple of years I've been out of the loop. I want a sweet and girlish strawberry, not strawberry leaves, strawberry cocktails, strawberry woods and incense smoke. I'm so satisfied by the Demeter right now, I no longer miss my sweet little sample of Molinard Fraise.

That doesn't mean I'm going to stop looking for strawberries (and coconuts, still an on-going love) to add to my spring wardrobe, especially since these scents get raves from someone whose opinion actually matters.

Something I noticed recently, too: Britney Spears Fantasy smells of violets. Come to think of it, the hot pink bottle is somewhat purple-leaning. I didn't know I could love a violet perfume as much as I do, as this has become sort of a staple.

My early March list:

1. Demeter Strawberry Ice Cream
2. Britney Spears Fantasy
3. Cacharel Gloria
4. Creed Virgin Island Water
5. Creed Spring Flower
6. Bath & Body Works Coconut Lime Breeze