Thursday, February 11, 2016

Happy Valentine's Day -- PINK MANHATTAN Top Favorite Fragrances List



Happy Valentine's Day from PINK MANHATTAN! After many weeks of going sans fragrance, I'm back on a perfume kick, thanks to my current staples The Body Shop Vanilla and Britney Spears Fantasy, and a new favorite (also made by Elizabeth Arden which makes Fantasy), Taylor Swift Wonderstruck Enchanted, a red berry and vanilla scent. I think I smell Cashmeran musk here, but the muskiness and the accompanying patchouli don't bother me in this scent. It's vaguely reminiscent of XerJoff Casamorati 1888 but a steal at Walmart pricing; good enough for me for a quick berry fix, less musky than Ralph Lauren Big Pony No.2 (pink), a fresh but very sweet cranberry blend I enjoyed last year.

Are there any new launches that I love? The fragrance industry has gone out on a limb in recent years with unconventional launches, from a successful gender bender like Marc Jacobs Decadence (which I really liked; it reminded me of a sweeter Serge Lutens Gris Clair, but reviewers on Fragrantica compared it to Antonio by Antonio Banderas - must try) to the many renditions of modernized oud (Even CLEAN has one). The industry has shown it is perfectly capable of a sophisticated and mature direction, but sadly for me, the search for the right fragrance begins and ends with simple pleasures: vanilla, white flowers, berries, tropical fruit notes and coconut. Also, I'm still drawn to pink packaging, although I like the white limited edition bottle for Fantasy very much. Here's my Top Favorites list for February 2016:

1. Britney Spears Fantasy
2. The Body Shop Vanilla
3. Taylor Swift Wonderstruck Enchanted
4. Creed Virgin Island Water
5. Forever 21 Love & Beauty Coconut body mist