Sunday, May 14, 2017

PINK MANHATTAN Mother's Day Fragrance Review Party

Happy Mother's Day! I'm very happy and fortunate to be called "a lit mom" by my own, so much so I'm going to repeat it to anyone in the world who'll listen. Oh, but you're not just anyone, you're my precious PINK MANHATTAN blog reader, so thanks to your birth giver, for you're utterly lit for being here, too. 🔥


Tory Burch Love Relentlessly: What a gorgeous fresh spring scent! It's almost like Chloe to me, though it reminds me more of fresh cut grass and Cartier Baiser Vole, that dry sensation of a steaming hot towel. It's a crisp, refreshing green fruity floral, upbeat and upscale like it could be called Eau de Miss Arpels. My daughter and I share this love, but shh, I think she's getting the bottle for her dresser.

(Edited to add: Estée Lauder, creator of Pleasures perfume, is the parent company.)


Michael Kors Wonderlust: I've only smelled the scent strip, sorry, but this is often how perfume love begins. I smell a tropical scent, a light, sheer tuberose with citrus, though it's probably a deeper scent on the skin being Floral Oriental. This could be my sporty La Chasse aux Papillons. I like that they used a guy with a cane in the ad because it's unusual and creative.

(Added on May 20: I sampled the perfume today. It's spicy, with peppery notes on top.)


Juicy Couture Viva la Juicy Sucre: A gourmand scent that delivers real sweetness - I love it, though it is a heavy Floral scent, almost reminiscent of Giorgio and Fred Hayman / Gale Hayman perfumes. MK Wonderlust is similar but more sheer, at least the white floral note of tuberose and gardenia. I posted the pic of the 1 fl. oz. bottle because I found the sugar glaze design to be an eyesore...I love the rest of the packaging, especially the tulle bow.

Get her and yourself something special! ♥🌸